Please send your resume by email to Fay Beard, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, at email@example.com
An exciting opportunity to lead the Boys & Girls Club is open, and we are looking for a transformational leader as our next Chief Executive Officer to make a positive impact on kids’ lives as they lead by example to build and sustain a professional and successful organization. We are looking for a charismatic professional, a multitasker, and a great listener, with the confidence to appropriately and effectively delegate to their direct reports and other team members as they drive the overall planning and operation of the organization. This leader should be someone inspirational with a great attitude that is wholly committed to success as they provide leadership, direction, and support to the staff team and the Board of Directors with transparency and respect.
Boys & Girls Clubs mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. You will be responsible for bringing this mission to life in this community as you work to ensure that the kids and teens in your care achieve great futures by providing a safe and fun space, an engaging Club Experience, and managing caring professionals to guide them along the way.
As a proof point, 54% of Club alumni said the Club saved their life, so the impact you and your team will have on these kids’ and teens’ lives will be life-changing.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Guides, supports, and serves the Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets, and programs that fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Club.
• Monitors and approves the organization’s program services and assures achievement of its mission and goals.
• Provides leadership to Club staff by developing administrative and operational standards by which goals will be met.
• Assures management and attainment of resources necessary to ensure the financial operations of the agency are conducted in accordance with applicable laws.
• Demonstrates that safety is a core value ensures that the management system conforms with membership requirements and industry standards, and is actively engaged in the safety improvement process.
• Ensure that the organization is in compliance with membership and other requirements or standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America and other affiliated and regulatory agencies and that the Organization has standards and measures in place that define effective safety practices, train those annually and identify vulnerabilities and strategies to mitigate risks.
• Oversees staffing activities of the organization, including recruiting, training, and evaluation of both paid and volunteer staff. Role and Responsibilities (Continued)
• Promotes Boys & Girls Club services to individuals, other service organizations, and the local community.
• Directs and participates in public relations and fundraising activities.
• Provides professional leadership to the Board of Directors to assure development of an effective and motivated board, including identification, recruitment, training and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
• May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
• Reports to the Board of Directors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; advanced degree a plus.
• A minimum of seven years experience in managing operations in a non-profit agency a Boys and Girls Club or other relevant job, with at least 4 years in a leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
• Fundraising skills, including events, donations, and grants.
• Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
• Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a Board of Directors, Staff, Community Groups, and other related agencies.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise professionals and other staff/volunteers who may be in distant subunits of the organization.
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in asset management including financial resources and property.
• Demonstrated skills and competency in the following areas preferred: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations and of management; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
Please send your resume by email to Fay Beard, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, at firstname.lastname@example.org.